skip to Main Content
Chris Langridge, Notary Public
Kent — Surrey — Sussex
Kent — Surrey — Sussex

Parental consent for travel

Giving your permission for your child to travel alone or with just one parent

Parental consent for child to travel

Parental consent authority forms are required by certain countries where a minor child is traveling with either just one of his or her parents or, alternatively, with an adult who is not a parent of the child e.g. a grandparent.

These consent forms often need to be signed in front of a notary public.

Passport applications for minors

Passport applications made for and on behalf of minors need to be submitted by both parents for many countries, including the USA.

If both parents cannot be present to make the passport application for their child, then a consent form may need to be signed by the parent not attending the appointment which authorises the other parent to apply for and obtain the Passport for the child.

Very often, the parental consent form must be signed in front of a notary public.

The notary public usually needs to notarise the signature of the parent providing consent by inserting his details and he will then then sign, stamp and attach his seal to the form.

Please contact us if you need a notary public to help you with a parental consent form.