skip to Main Content
Chris Langridge, Notary Public
Kent — Surrey — Sussex
Kent — Surrey — Sussex

Buying and selling property overseas

Ensuring your property documents are validly signed in the UK

We regularly act for private individuals and businesses involved in buying and selling property overseas.

A notary is usually required where the person or company buying or selling the property overseas, is based in the UK and it is not going to be practicable to travel to the overseas lawyer to sign the necessary legal documents.

You will often need to sign the legal documents themselves in front of a notary public or grant a Power of Attorney in favour of your lawyer in another country.

Signing the document in front of a notary public in the UK will mean the document is legally valid in the destination country.
Please contact us if you are involved in buying or selling property in another country and need to see a notary public.